Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after winter passes to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until the spring.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
- Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the winter and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
- Purchasers who are looking for homes during the winter are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is less competition for you as a seller right now.
- The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when winter comes. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
- The supply of listings increases substantially in the spring. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Bottom Line: Waiting until to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
And, of course, this is where I tell you to call me if you’d like to sell: 914-297-8475